Introduction of Law Firm:
Legal Group PARADIGMA was established in 2005 by a group of qualified and experienced lawyers who gained substantial expertise while working for major companies and government authorities. At present, PARADIGMA is a united team of professionals offering advisory and legal services all over the Russian Federation and overseas.
PARADIGMA started its professional activity as a boutique law firm specializing in domestic and international disputes resolution. PARADIGMA was involved in most business conflicts in Russia and abroad, and acted as litigation and strategy advisors to in-house legal departments of major Russian and international corporations. Participating in business conflicts PARADIGMA gained a wealth of experience and expertise in all aspects of different business development and accomplished legal risks mitigation.
Today, PARADIGMA provides a wide range of legal services for business development and professional maintenance of its clients’ businesses as well as advises its clients on current affairs and support of comprehensive projects, inter alia, those governed by multiple jurisdictions.
PARADIGMA has broad connections and long-term partnerships with legal practitioners from many countries. In addition, PARADIGMA Law Firm is a member of various professional associations: Moscow Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Leningrad Region Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Russian, Bulgarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Russia-China Law Society, Eurasia Business Union and Deutsch-Russische Juristenvereinigung. This significantly boosts its ability to provide legal advisory services in international markets and ensure a successful client representation beyond the national jurisdiction.
The Firm has successfully joined Elite Global Legal Alliance (EGLA) in 2018.
Main practice areas are domestic and international dispute resolution, taxation, commercial, corporate and company law, mergers and acquisitions, banking and finance, real estate transactions, protection of intellectual property.
PARADIGMA is a recognized expert in bankruptcy (insolvency) including cross-border insolvency proceedings. Some of the PARADIGMA lawyers are registered as bankruptcy receivers and PARADIGMA can manage bankruptcy proceeding by its own forces.
PARADIGMA also offer clients advice on energy and natural resources, government property management, project finance and PPP, construction, tax, international trade and customs, transaction support, debt management, tax, due diligence, legal support of ICO and blockchain projects. PARADIGMA clients can also receive advice and services on criminal law.
1) PARADIGMA represented interests of a major Russian regional bank in the several court and insolvency proceedings regarding debt recovery of its major debtors.
2) PARADIGMA represented interests of a major Russian shoes retailer chain in the dispute with tax authority in relation to additional USD 2,000,000 taxes recovery.
3) PARADIGMA managed bankruptcy proceedings of a large building materials manufacturing company with workforce of 110 employees, the approximate cost of assets amounting to 1,6 billion rubles.
4) PARADIGMA advised a private investment fund in establishing in Russia a joint-venture with multinational direct-response marketing company selling products directly to consumers through infomercials, television ads, direct mail, telemarketing, e-mail marketing, and the Internet.
5) PARADIGMA represented interests of an individual creditor and successfully filed a claim for recovery of RUB70,000,000 in the course of bankruptcy procedure of a credit organization (bank).
6) PARADIGMA represented interests of a Russian regional oil company in the dispute started by a contractor of the client. Lawyers of the firm succeeded in dismissal of the claim and recovery of damages under a contract. PARADIGMA managed not only to dismiss the claim of the opponent, but to also recover damages for improper performance by virtue of filling a counterclaim. PARADIGMA’s client gained RUB129,900,000 as a recovery.
7) PARADIGMA represented interests of a major constructing company in the Arbitrazh (Commercial) Court of Buryatia Republic in a dispute with it`s contractor on a recovery of unjust enrichment and default interest under a construction contract.
8) PARADIGMA represented interests of a constructing company in dispute concerning recovery of the debt arisen out of the breach of a sale and purchase agreement. Lawyers of the Firm managed to include client’s claim in the register of all creditors’ claims and succeeded in complete satisfaction of clients’ demand, despite the total insolvency of the debtor.
9) PARADIGMA represented interests of a company which was acting as a creditor in bankruptcy proceedings. Total sum of the project came to RUB 328,000,000. The amount of our client’s claim included into the register of the creditors claim was increased from 5% (RUB 15,000,000) to 33% (RUB 165,000,000). That provided an opportunity to conduct successful negotiations with the rest of the creditors, with the aim to gain additional weight of our client over the bankruptcy procedure and to obtain the majority of voting rights for the purpose of general meetings.
10) PARADIGMA successfully represented interests of the Government of Leningrad Region, Russia in the course of implementation of the developer's project and recovery of the debt in the amount of RUB 250,000,000.
11) PARADIGMA provided legal support of a transaction on acquisition of business-center in Moscow Region in the amount of USD 35,000,000.
12) PARADIGMA successfully provided legal support and protection of rights of a minority shareholder in a corporate conflict relating to a stake in a large regional chain of supermarkets. Our lawyers effectively represented the minority shareholder in litigation proceeding with major shareholders. PARADIGMA team performed significant role in steps aimed to prevent dissipation of assets of corporation during corporate conflict between shareholders.
13) PARADIGMA effectively conducted legal protection and representation of parties to litigation proceedings related to corporate conflict in Russian limited liability company. Our team managed to solve the disputes in favor of the client and retain client’s control over the most of assets.
1) PARADIGMA advised a largest banking group in Russia with headquarter in Cyprus on €700,000,000 debt restructuring with its creditors under Russian and English law. Taking into account that banking group assets were placed in several jurisdictions and proposed Scheme of Arrangement should comply with imperative rules involved jurisdictions for further enforcement purposes, PARADIGMA successfully managed all legal affairs related to such multi-jurisdictional case.
2) PARADIGMA represented interests of a seller during a sale of the majority of the shares of a Latvian bank by Russian private individual to an international investment group.
3) PARADIGMA acted as a legal advisor to a major Russian regional bank on corporate law, debt securitization, debts recovery and restructuring in relation to certain international transactions.
4) PARADIGMA rendered legal advice to multinational investment company that owns a major supermarket chain in Russia on corporate law, mergers and acquisitions. The firm successfully represented interests of this client at the London Court of International Arbitration against a lawsuit, in which the opponent party claimed breaches of clauses in a Put Option Agreement concluded between the parties. Amount of the claim constituted USD 150,000,000.
5) PARADIGMA successfully protected interests of a major premium supermarket chain in Russia at the London Court of International Arbitration against a lawsuit, in which the adversary party claimed for USD 2,000,000 compensation under SPA.
6) PARADIGMA successfully represented interests of major foreign bank in the case concerning reclaim of land with a total square 3,6 hectares, located on the territory of the Russian Federation.
7) PARADIGMA lawyers successfully represented interests of a claimant being a company domiciled in the BVI in a fraud case in arbitration proceedings conducted by Netherlands Arbitration Institute (NAI) against a German multinational building materials company, which is one of the largest building materials companies in the world.. The amount of funds recovered in favour of the claimant under the final arbitral award constituted more than USD 20,000,000.
8) PARADIGMA successfully represented a Russian insurance company in certain disputes including ad hoc commercial arbitration with the seat of arbitration in Hannover, Germany.
PARADIGMA Law Firm was recommended by an international ranking professional edition “International Financial Law Review (IFLR) IFLR1000 for 2019 in three key practices: M&A (Mergers and Acquisitions), Restructuring and Insolvency and Banking.
In 2018, PARADIGMA was recommended by a well-known Russian ranking professional edition“PRAVO.RU”in the legal categories: International Arbitration, Proceedings in Arbitrazh (Commercial) Courts and Bankruptcy.
Finally, in 2018, PARADIGMA was recommended by the professional Russian publication “Kommersant”in the area of “Debt Collection in the Arbitration Proceedings. In addition, Managing Partner of PARADIGMA is noted in the area of “Resolution of International Disputes” as one of the best lawyers in Russia in 2018.